- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Butter or Margarine
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (sifted)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 packet Instant Vanilla Pudding (about 3.4 oz, you may use your favorite brand)
- Powdered Sugar
- Pour one cup of water in a medium to large
sauce pan, add butter and bring it to rollingboil.
- While the mixture of water and butter still boiling add flour, half a cup at a time. Stir well to incorporate the flour so it starts pulling away from the pan and forms a ball.
- Place the mixture of flour into a mixer. Turn the mixer on and add the eggs, one egg at a time letting it fully incorporate before adding the next one.
- Place the pastry mixture into a piping bag and pipe individual "puffs" onto a greased baking pan. This recipe is aimed at making 12 medium size cream puffs. But if you make them smaller you can get 18-20 smaller cream puffs.
- Bake the cream puffs at 400°F in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 25 minutes until the puffs are doubled in size.
- Once baked, remove the puffs from the oven and make a small slice with a knife in the bottom of each puff. This lets the hot air out and prevents the puffs from collapsing.
- Combine milk, heavy cream and instant pudding in the mixer.
- Mix on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until you get "soft peaks".
- Place the filling into a piping bag with #12 decorating tip attached. Fill each puff
throughthe slice you made in step 6. If you do not have a piping bag you can slice the puffs in half (horizontally) and fill them with a spoon.