I have made these treats many times for Misty and Brooklyn (our dogs) and they absolutely go crazy when they get the smell of them being baked in the oven. It is a very easy recipe and it does not take that long to make them. But if you would like you can purchase some of those treats from our bakery store.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cups peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1¼ cup hot water
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, peanut butter and hot water. Mix well until all ingredients form a ball.
- Turn the mixture onto a wooden board and knead the dough for a few minutes. Form a ball and let it rest for a minute or two.
- Slightly flour the board and roll out the dough to about ¼ to ½ of an inch thickness. Cut the desired shapes and place them on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 35 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to see if the bottom of the treats starts turning darker brown, if it is your treats are done. Cool the treats before giving to your dogs, who by this time will know something very delicious is coming their way.