Episode 11: Tea Smoked Salmon
Recipe type: Main, Appetizer
- Whole Salmon Fillet
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Black Teas (for smoking)
- Line the cooling rack with the aluminum foil.
- Spread some loose tea leaves in the bottom of the chafing dish.
- Place the cooling rack into the chafing dish and place the fillet of salmon on top of the cooling rack.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and cover tightly the chafing dish with aluminum foil so that smoke has no way to escape.
- Place the chafing dish on top of the stove burners at medium heat and leave it smoke for 25 minutes.
You can serve the Tea Smoked Salmon either cold or hot. The leftovers make a great "salmon salad" just as you would make one using tuna.